Friday, August 29, 2008

Pee Wee Herman's Birthday?! Not Funny! Thank's Dad!

I am still in disbelief that my little 5lb 6oz baby boy turned 11 on Wednesday! He is now a 150lb 5'6 11 year old 5th grader! Where did the time go? It seems like it was just yesterday that I was at the hospital having my first little boy. I still remember my father coming into the room after my son had been born, telling me that he was going to be special because he shared a birthday with-of all people-Pee Wee Herman! I was not amused!
Christopher was my parent's first grandbaby and they spoiled him rotten-they were allowed! Both of my parents were so proud of him! Of course, my dad had a special bond with Christopher, maybe it was because he was his first grandson or maybe it was because somewhere deep down my father knew that Christopher was the only grandchild he would have the joy of knowing! When I think of Christopher as a baby, I can't help but think about my dad. My dad passed away before Christopher turned 4. I sure do miss him.
I know that he would still be proud of his first grandson if he was still here! Christopher is such a joy-although he can be a pain-I am already dreading the teenage years! I am sure that my dad would say that is just payback for my teenage years!
I am so glad that birthday's only come once a year because even though I love seeing my babies grow up, I wish that they would stay little forever!

No comments: